Turkey Visa – Application and Guidelines
A Turkish Visa is a permit to enter and stay there for a specific period of time. It qualifies for several activities, and for some types, also for study and work.
Some visas apply for a Turkish residence permit and allow you to stay in Turkey for at least one year.
Who needs a Turkish visa?
- There is a long list of world citizens who need a Turkish visa to enter the country. The only exception is the citizens of countries with good diplomatic relations with Turkey.
- Those who need to apply for a Turkish visa are divided into two groups.
- Foreigners who can apply for e-visas for tourism or trade and sticker visas for other purposes. Foreigners who need to obtain a Turkish sticker visa for entry purposes.
Turkish visa application
- To apply for a visa to enter Turkey, you need to go through several procedures.
- All must be filled out correctly in the order presented.
- If you make a mistake, your application will be rejected and may affect future applications.
- Before taking any concrete steps, you first need to confirm some things when applying for a Turkish visa in your own country.
- First, ask yourself if you need a visa. If so, continue reading this article for more information.
Check the type of Turkish visa you need to apply for.
- Find out when it is appropriate to apply.
- Please confirm where to submit the Turkish visa application.
- Collect the required documents.
- Submit the application
- Wait for processing
Check what type of Turkish visa you need to apply for?
There are a few Turkish Visa types, for which you can apply.
The main thing that you need to know is whether you can apply for an evisa or a sticker visa.
Note that according to the purpose of traveling to Turkey you will need to select one of the following main Turkish visa types:
- Turkish Tourist/Business Visa.:
You can apply for this visa if the main purpose of your trip to Turkey is transit, touristic visit, business meeting/commerce, conference/seminar/meeting, festival/fair/exhibition, sportive activity, culturalartistic activity, official visit, or visit to the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus.
You can apply for this visa if the main purpose of your application is to provide an internship, course, or other educational purpose in Turkey or the Republic of Turkey in Northern Cyprus.
You can apply for this visa if the main purpose of your trip to Turkey is employment, or if you come to Turkey for scholars, athletes, artists, free zone workers, journalists, or for assembly and repair purposes. ..
You can also apply for other visas that do not apply to the above visas. B .: Archaeological excavation, research purposes, documentary purposes, tour operator representatives, medical purposes, escort purposes, family reunification purposes, cargo visas or seafarer visas.
Confirm the appropriate time to apply
- Turkish authorities recommend applying for a Turkish sticker visa at least one month before your trip. This avoids the inconvenience that can occur due to application processing delays.
- However, you can submit your application at least 60 days before your scheduled departure date to Turkey.
Confirm where to submit the Turkish visa application
- Turkish visa application documents must be submitted to the Turkish embassy or consulate in your country of residence. In some countries, Turkey may require you to submit your application to a third-party visa processing center that outsources your visa application.
- However, the Turkish embassy and consulate are the only authorities in charge of processing in any country in the world.
Apply for a Turkish sticker visa
- To apply for a Turkish sticker visa, you must first fill out an online form.
- This form contains some questions about your identity, nationality, and purpose of your visit.
- If you do not need a Turkish visa or are eligible for an electronic visa, the system will notify you as soon as you enter this information.
- If not, you need to provide some additional information.
- The system will also tell you what kind of documents you need to apply for that particular type of visa to enter Turkey.
- On the day of the interview, you must appear at the Turkish embassy or consulate in your country of residence.
- Make sure you have all the required documents. You will attend a short interview with a consulate officer and ask some questions about your trip.
Documents required to apply for a Turkish visa
- To apply for a Turkish visa, you will need to submit the required documents on the day of the interview.
- Since these documents are a very important part of the application process, each document must be collected according to the standards and specifications set by the Turkish authorities.
- Additional documents may be required depending on the type and nationality of the visa you are applying for.
Turkish visa application processing
- The processing of Turkish visa applications depends on the country of application. Responses arrive within 3 days in some countries, but average about 15 business days in others.
- If you apply for a work visa, it may take 25 business days to process your application.
- You can check the status of your application on the same website where you started it.
Turkey e-visa application
- On the other hand, if you need a Turkish electronic visa, the application process is much shorter and easier. You need to complete the following steps to get an eVisa for Turkey.
- Go to the Turkish eVisa Website and complete the online application form.
- Check your email. Within minutes, you must receive an email asking you to confirm that you have started an application for an eVisa.
- If you do not find this email in your inbox, you probably have received it in your spam folder.
- Click the link you received to return to the eVisa application website.
- I will pay the fee. Next, you need to pay for the eVisa application online at the eVisa application website. After paying the fee, you will be notified via the Internet that you will receive an email with your eVisa.
- Download your e-visa. You will receive the email again.
- This is a button to return to the same website where you need to download e-Visa, not e-Visa.
- Print your visa.
- Turkish authorities require that e-visas be presented in paper form.
- It is not acceptable to show border authorities your e-visa version on your phone or other device. The visa must be printed.
Turkish visa validity
With a Turkish visa, you can stay in Turkey for up to 90 days within 6 months.
Depending on your nationality, you can stay in Turkey for the following periods:
- 6 Up to 30 days within 4 months
- Up to 60 days within 6 months
- Up to 90 days within 6 months
- Up to 60 days per visit, 90 days within 6 months
- Up to 30 days per visit, 90 days within 6 months
- Please note that visa validity is the same for visa holders and sticker visa holders.
After You Arrive in Turkey
- If you are in Turkey with the intention of working or studying, then you should register at the nearest local police department upon arrival in Turkey.
- Note that is you want to stay in Turkey for more than 90 days, you should apply for a residence permit at the Provincial Directorate of Migration Administration.
- Those in Turkey with a tourism or commercial visa cannot apply for a residence permit.
What Documents Do I Need to Present at the Turkish Port of Entry?
When you show up at the Turkish port of entry, you will need to present some documents, in order to prove your eligibility to enter. If you are eligible for the Turkish visa system due to nationality, you will need to present the following:
E visa or sticker visa, if applicable. Please note that citizens of the following countries can only enter Turkey using an ID card.
- Northern Cyprus Turkey
Please note that citizens of Germany, Belgium, France, Spain, Switzerland, Luxembourg and Portugal can also enter Turkey with a passport that has expired in the last 5 years.
Frequently Asked Questions about Turkish Visas
How long is my passport valid to be eligible for a Turkish visa application?
According to Turkish law, travelers wishing to enter Turkey must carry a passport with an expiration date of at least 60 days for a visa, e-visa, visa exemption or residence permit “stay period”.
Can I visit Turkey with a Schengen visa?
- You can enter Turkey with a Schengen visa under some conditions.
- You must be a citizen of one of the 63 countries and regions of the world who are eligible to apply for an electronic visa for tourism and business.
- Must travel to Turkey on an airline that has a protocol with the Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Hotel reservations and necessary financial resources are required.
Can I visit Turkey with a US visa?
You can enter Turkey with a US visa under the same conditions as when entering Turkey with a Schengen visa.
Do I need to enter Turkey on the exact date stated on the application?
No, it is not necessary as e-Visa will be effective from the date specified in the application form. You can enter Turkey at any time during this period.
Can I get a work visa and a study visa?
No, you need a Turkish sticker visa to study or work in Turkey. Turkish e-visas are for tourism and commercial purposes only.
What is the latest version to apply for an e-visa?
You can apply for an e-visa at least 48 hours before your trip. On the other hand, you can apply within 3 months.
Can I fill out an e-visa form in another language?
In addition to English, French and Spanish, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, German, Arabic and Chinese options will soon be added to the eVisa system.
Can I get a refund if I don’t use a Turkish visa?
No, Turkish authorities will not refund payments for unused Turkish sticker visas or e-visas.
Can I apply for a new e-visa during my stay in Turkey?
- If you are in Tuke and your e-visa is about to expire, you will not be able to apply for an e-visa in Turkey without first leaving the country.
- However, if you meet the requirements, you can apply for a residence permit from the state immigration office.
What if I overstay my Turkish visa?
Excessive stay on a Turkish visa may result in fines, deportation, or prohibition of entry into Turkey for a period of time.
What is the “British Special Passport” of the Turkish eVisa system?
A UK special passport is a British passport marked as a British National, British National, or British subject. Owners of these types of British passports must apply for a sticker visa before traveling to Turkey.