How To Apply For Turkey Tourist Visa For Filipinos
Turkey is an alluring destination that has glorious landscapes, sun-soaked Mediterranean seas, mighty mountains and steppes that are vertigo-inducing. It is a beautiful nation straddled between Eastern Europe and Western Asia. Natural wonders such as Pamukkale and Cappadocia are the top things to do here.
It has strong cultural connections to ancient Greek, Persian, Roman, Byzantine and Ottoman empires. If you’ve been eyeing Turkey as your next travel destination, surely you’ve seen the architectural resemblance to those stated above.
It’s also known for their vibrant culture, vast history and not to mention—exotic and famous cuisine that will excite your palate.
Just by reading that you’re probably getting excited, so let’s get to the point on the process of obtaining the Turkey tourist visa for Filipinos.
Filipino travellers are required to have visas before they can travel to Turkey. They must lodge their Turkey visa applications at the Embassy of Turkey in Manila as visas are not obtainable to them at the ports of entry.
1. Completed application form. The form is provided at the embassy.
2. Passport-size photo. To be attached on the form. (Affixed to the top left corner of the visa application form.)
3. Passport and photocopy of the first two pages. (Passport with a validity of 3 months)
4. Certificate of Employment. The applicant’s job title, work record and monthly/annual income must be indicated.
5. Documents supporting the purpose of the visit (e.g., letter of invitation, travel itinerary, round trip ticket, hotel reservation with payment guarantee, etc.)
6. Latest Individual Income Tax Return
7. Company’s latest Income Tax Return if travel is business-related.
8. For business owners – Company Business Registration such as SEC and DTI.
9. Original Bank Deposit Certificate addressed to the embassy. No specified amount, but some travel agency officers I spoke with in the embassy suggest P100,000+.
10. If invited by the government or private sector and international companies or institutions holding office in Turkey– Original invitation letter addressed to the embassy.
If invited by a Turkish national – Original invitation letter must be notarized in Turkey, affidavit of support and pertinent credentials of the invitee together with the Turkish IDs and other supporting documents.
11. Confirmed hotel accommodation booking.
Filipinos are strongly advised to confirm the above-mentioned information on visa and entry requirements before traveling to Turkey, as these may change from time to time. Take note that original documents and their photocopies are presented and submitted. Incomplete documents will not be accepted.
If they are deemed satisfied with the documents you presented, you will be asked for a P2,500 single entry tourist visa fee with a claim stub of the visa release. The processing time for acquiring a Turkey visa for Filipinos is usually within ten (10) working days from the receipt of application.
The Embassy of Turkey opens from 9:30AM-12:00NN every Monday to Friday except Wednesday. It is important that you arrive early since there are cut-offs.
For further details on Turkish immigration requirements, Filipinos are advised to contact the Turkish Embassy